Välkommen! För att skriva i forumet måste du logga in först. Har du inget konto går det bra att registrera ett eller logga in med Facebook här. Det kostar inget.  :)

Författare Ämne:  Building log cabin in remote area  (läst 1630 gånger)

nate33

• -
Building log cabin in remote area
« skrivet: 04 jan-19 kl 19:47 »
Hello,
unfortunately I can not speak Swedish but I am an European citizen who wants to spend a few month living self-sustainable in nature. I know that in Canada if you travel to some of the more remote areas it is possible to cut down some trees and build your own small log cabin. Nobody cares because nobody is around for several kilometers.
I was wondering if something similar is possible in the remote north of Sweden? Could I just go to a place where no streets (and no nature reservation area) are around for several kilometers and then build my own log cabin even if I do not own the land? Strictly speaking I guess I would have to own the land, but in reality would anybody care? Finding land to buy in a remote area is quite difficult.
Looking at kso.etjanster.lantmateriet.se it seems like most remote land is not subdivided into smaller parcels. So it seems like the entire area belongs to the state or a big company.
Does anybody have experience with such things?

TW

• Finland
SV: Building log cabin in remote area
« Svar #1 skrivet: 04 jan-19 kl 19:57 »
Sure you can but you will be breaking the law and if caught you will be taken to court and held responsible for all damage done to growing timber trees and for building on someone elses land.
The only ones who are entitled to build cabins without permission as you describe are certain local Sami families. The entitlement can only be inherited within the family.

Those large tracts of lands are either owned by the state or by timber companies. Anyway the owner is very likely to care as soon as you do damage to growing timber trees. The municipality is also very likely to care when someone who doesn't even own the land builds something without planning permission.
Bor redan på landet men drömmer om ett eget litet hus......
Timmerman och snickare och byggnadsingenjör och gör-det-självare. Gör väldigt mycket av litet men kan inte göra allt av ingenting.
Antifacist.

nate33

• -
« Svar #2 skrivet: 05 jan-19 kl 12:46 »
Thanks for the answer. I agree: Probably Sweden is not remote enough for nobody to care even in the north. I will have to find some property to buy.

Ett svart får

• Bohuslän
« Svar #3 skrivet: 05 jan-19 kl 13:13 »
Property is pretty cheap up north, but you will still have to apply for building permits and all that nonsens...

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #4 skrivet: 05 jan-19 kl 16:24 »
It is probanly simpler (no complicated paperwork, no permits required), and cheaper (no costs for permits an legal help to apply), to buy a remote property in the north, on which there already exists a building, in the form of a small house, or a log cabin...

The vast majority of "old fashioned traditional rural houses" in Sweden, are built of logs. But the logs do not show, as they are covered with an outher layer of planks...

Vedklyvaren

• Värmland
« Svar #5 skrivet: 05 jan-19 kl 19:51 »
 There is a way around it. If you own the property you can build a cabin as a commercial building without planning permission. Claiming that you need it when you are working or looking after your forest.

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #6 skrivet: 05 jan-19 kl 22:07 »
There is a way around it. If you own the property you can build a cabin as a commercial building without planning permission. Claiming that you need it when you are working or looking after your forest.

That is applicable only if the land is a commercial property for farming or forestry...(Typkod 120)

Which means that the person buying the property (in a remote area) need special permission to buy the property ("Förvärvstillstånd")...

Vedklyvaren

• Värmland
« Svar #7 skrivet: 05 jan-19 kl 23:21 »
 Every  property over two hectars is a commercial farm and anyone can get  the buying permission if they just pay the bill of 3750 skr.

nate33

• -
« Svar #8 skrivet: 06 jan-19 kl 22:46 »
I am always looking for properties on hemnet.se, but most of the properties are close to other houses. Are there other places where you can look for remote properties to buy, e.g. just some forest in a remote area.

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #9 skrivet: 07 jan-19 kl 00:13 »
Look for "Gårdar" at Hemnet. Most, but not all properties for sale will be posted there.

Thwere may also be some remote propertys for sale at Blocket Bostad, that are not on Hemnet.  Look for "Gårdar" there to.

Vedklyvaren

• Värmland
« Svar #11 skrivet: 07 jan-19 kl 08:56 »
 A bargain. You are just paying for the timber at the propery . The house is for free.

nate33

• -
« Svar #12 skrivet: 07 jan-19 kl 19:24 »
Thanks for the infos and for the links. Unfortunately the links are not working. Maybe some copy and paste error?

Ett svart får

• Bohuslän
« Svar #13 skrivet: 07 jan-19 kl 19:37 »
Thanks for the infos and for the links. Unfortunately the links are not working. Maybe some copy and paste error?
Seems like it is sold now, there was bids on it already yesterday

Dela detta:

* Inloggade just nu

553 gäster, 4 användare
xaelanar, fri, karsan, magtob

* Forum

* Om tidningen Åter

- Genuin och läsvärd! Bra tips och idéer för att stå på egna ben.
/Camilla W

* Nya inlägg

* Nytt i ditt landskap

För inloggade medlemmar visas här nya lokala annonser, aktiviteter och presentationer.
Logga in eller
registrera dig.
 :)

* Nya annonser