Välkommen! För att skriva i forumet måste du logga in först. Har du inget konto går det bra att registrera ett eller logga in med Facebook här. Det kostar inget.  :)

Författare Ämne:  What is the best solution for installing hot water från början, in a stuga ?  (läst 1406 gånger)

Arusha

• -
Hello,

First of all, i must start by saying that i know nothing about house renovation & construction, so please excuse my ignorance :)
And, i understand Swedish well, so no problem if you want to answer in Swedish.

I am moving into an old stuga in Värmland, where at the moment there is only cold water in the kitchen.
No toilet/bathroom.
The cold water comes from the well on the adjoining property. The pipe is not insulated so right now, the water is shut.

I would like to get in hot water into the house to be able to use in the kitchen sink, and also, in future, for a shower.
I haven't decided if it will be an outdoor or indoor shower yet.

I'm not sure what is the best solution from an environmental but also efficiency/financial perspective ?
A regular varmvattenberedare (probably for my needs i don't need the biggest one) ? Or a solfångare ?
How does a solfångare connect to the water pipe, and can this be a solution to use all year round ?

Thank you so much for your help!
Arusha.

Själv är bäste dräng

• Östergötland
A solfångare is no problem to instal, it just ned a T-connection on the cold water pipe. And if you chose a good one, it could provide you with hot (or warmish) water for the 8 warmest months of the year. For the remaining months you have to heat it on something else. The cheapest solution is to put a big kettle on the stove and letting the now not so hot pipe from the solfångare go trough the kettle in a coiled pipe.

Nordic Vargtand

• Hälsingland
Sorry for my horrible English...

"Solfångare" is in it self a relativly simple device wich are constructed from small diameter copper pipes pressfitted of just clamped into aluminium fins, the fins are on one side black anodized, the choose of material are not critical if You want to build something your self. The main advantage of those solar heaters are if You are using a wood fired central heater You don't need to use firewood in the summer and autumn only in order to get warm tapwater, in order to function properly the need to be connected o an accumulator tank, prefearably a quite big one since the panels will only work daytime obviously, and also a unit with a heat eaxchanger for the glycol mixed wateer in the solar panels (it is absolutly nessesary to add antifreese to the panel line, othervice the pipes will burst in the winter and that antifreese is highly tocis and may even be letahl to ingest so it must be properly separated from all kontact with drinking water)

So my experience from that particular question is that, Yes, if You allredy plan to install a central heater with a large warmwater accumulator it is worth it if You manage to keep the cost low, if not for the purly monetary aspect it does save you all the work of cutting firewood only for the shower and tapwater in the summer it also help warming the house in the early autumn, but not in the winter.

If You don't plan to install a cetral heater with a large water magazine attached to it in some way, i highly doubt it would be woth the cost only for producing water for the shower unless you manage to cut the installation cost to an absolute miniumum without thumbing on safety or reliability. But there are a lot of instructions of how You can build Yopur own from material found on the scrapyard and regular hardware stores.

Edit, I did not see the other persons previous post when i wrote this.

If You want to go for he's solution You may concider something You can drain whan the winter sets in.

« Senast ändrad: 09 dec-21 kl 16:31 av Vargtand »
Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Förenklar man någonting för mycket så blir det till slut helt obegripligt.

Sjaunja

• -
Det finns nåt som kallas genomströmsvärmare också. Den värmer upp vattnet som passerar i kallvattenröret.

Själv är bäste dräng

• Östergötland
Before we trow all kind of solutions before you, it would help if we knew if you have electricity in the house, and if you like modern or alternative solutions.

Nordic Vargtand

• Hälsingland
A note, since i did not see the previos persons post whan i wrote mine is that if You wish a simplified sollution You can probably make something that is possible to drain whan the winter sets in and refill in the summer, just make sure the tiny pipes in the panels them self are properly drained with the solution You are using.

If You want to use self circulation i think You need at least 2" pipes for the rising pipe, but You can probably find something in the scrapyard if You don't want to spend a fortune on non stock parts.
Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Förenklar man någonting för mycket så blir det till slut helt obegripligt.

mattias_33

• Hälsingland
Questions.

Your time? Working and away alot? Full time living there?

The size of the cottage?
Målet är att inte slita ut sig i förtid med att jobba åt nån annan.

Arusha

• -
Thank you all so much for these answers !!
It has given me some good information :)

Arusha

• -
Before we trow all kind of solutions before you, it would help if we knew if you have electricity in the house, and if you like modern or alternative solutions.

Thank you ! Yes, i have electricity in the house, and i like simple solutions, whether modern or alternative.

Arusha

• -
Det finns nåt som kallas genomströmsvärmare också. Den värmer upp vattnet som passerar i kallvattenröret.

Thank you !! I shall look it up :)

Arusha

• -
Sorry for my horrible English...

"Solfångare" is in it self a relativly simple device wich are constructed from small diameter copper pipes pressfitted of just clamped into aluminium fins, the fins are on one side black anodized, the choose of material are not critical if You want to build something your self. The main advantage of those solar heaters are if You are using a wood fired central heater You don't need to use firewood in the summer and autumn only in order to get warm tapwater, in order to function properly the need to be connected o an accumulator tank, prefearably a quite big one since the panels will only work daytime obviously, and also a unit with a heat eaxchanger for the glycol mixed wateer in the solar panels (it is absolutly nessesary to add antifreese to the panel line, othervice the pipes will burst in the winter and that antifreese is highly tocis and may even be letahl to ingest so it must be properly separated from all kontact with drinking water)

So my experience from that particular question is that, Yes, if You allredy plan to install a central heater with a large warmwater accumulator it is worth it if You manage to keep the cost low, if not for the purly monetary aspect it does save you all the work of cutting firewood only for the shower and tapwater in the summer it also help warming the house in the early autumn, but not in the winter.

If You don't plan to install a cetral heater with a large water magazine attached to it in some way, i highly doubt it would be woth the cost only for producing water for the shower unless you manage to cut the installation cost to an absolute miniumum without thumbing on safety or reliability. But there are a lot of instructions of how You can build Yopur own from material found on the scrapyard and regular hardware stores.

Edit, I did not see the other persons previous post when i wrote this.

If You want to go for he's solution You may concider something You can drain whan the winter sets in.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain all this. It was actually very helpful !

Själv är bäste dräng

• Östergötland
Thank you ! Yes, i have electricity in the house, and i like simple solutions, whether modern or alternative.

Ok. The cheapest and probably the easiest way to heat the water in wintertime is with a common electric water heater, 50-100 liter tank should be enough. If you use a tankless heater, that Sjaunja proposed, there could be a problem if the fuses are to weak in the house.

Arusha

• -
Ok. The cheapest and probably the easiest way to heat the water in wintertime is with a common electric water heater, 50-100 liter tank should be enough. If you use a tankless heater, that Sjaunja proposed, there could be a problem if the fuses are to weak in the house.

Thank you very much :)

Dela detta:

* Inloggade just nu

742 gäster, 4 användare
xaelanar, mommo, biggelina, olleryd

* Forum

* Om tidningen Åter

- Bääästa julklappen!
/Emma

* Nya inlägg

* Nytt i ditt landskap

För inloggade medlemmar visas här nya lokala annonser, aktiviteter och presentationer.
Logga in eller
registrera dig.
 :)

* Nya annonser