Välkommen! För att skriva i forumet måste du logga in först. Har du inget konto går det bra att registrera ett eller logga in med Facebook här. Det kostar inget.  :)

Författare Ämne:  What to look out for when buying property in Sweden?  (läst 1179 gånger)

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
What to look out for when buying property in Sweden?
« skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 12:01 »
I've read that you have to do a lot of research yourself before buying land. For example, I have to look if there are any ancient sites or I might not be able to build anything there, or I have to look if the territory is planned or not. That kind of thing, and probably much more.

If it matters, the type of property I would be looking for would have any type of house on it and at least 1000sqm of land (I'd prefer with some forest, I like nature and trees and all). Also, it would be cheap (which at least in most other countries means extra research). Ideally I'm looking for something up to around 50000sek, but I can spend a bit more if needed. That is without any loans or anything, just cash that I saved up throughout the years. (I've up to 100000sek to spend, but that is with renovation and everything else). Also, if it matters, I would prefer it to be above Örebro if you draw a horizontal line on the map (mid-northern parts of Sweden), and no neighbor houses if you walk outside and look around (they can be behind a forest line, under a mountain, further away, etc., I don't mind). My goal would be to have a garden for my own needs and a small house to live in (with stable mobile internet connection, but I think that's not a problem nowadays).

So basically I want to find out all that I have to do before committing and purchasing a piece of property, what steps should I take, etc..

Please ask any questions if you need more information. :-)

KungTulle

• Skåne
    • Mörkmårdens Minigrisar
SV: What to look out for when buying property in Sweden?
« Svar #1 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 12:28 »
There is a site called Fornsök where one can check if there is registred archaeological remains at a certain piece of land.

http://www.raa.se/hitta-information/fornsok-fmis/

Mörkmårdens Minigrisar
http://minigrisar.n.nu/
Vi har nordsvenskar, myskankor, minigrisar, katter, sköldpaddor och akvariefiskar.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #2 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 12:55 »
There is a site called Fornsök where one can check if there is registred archaeological remains at a certain piece of land.

http://www.raa.se/hitta-information/fornsok-fmis/

Thanks. Bookmarked.

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #3 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 12:58 »
With such a low budget, you will really have to do a lot of research to be able to find something suitable, if you do not want to move to the very very far north of Sweden.
If you do not want the long, cold and dark winters of the far north, a little bit more money, or a lot more time for research may be needed to find something.

If you cold spend somthing like 150.000 sek or maybe 200.000 when bying, there will be some choice, there are fairly often "summerhouses" (of the type "tiny house" 10-20 sq.m.) with plots of  up to 2000-3000 sq.meters,  in quite nice rural settings to be found. As Sweden is a country of forests, there will almost always be trees...
These "summerhouses", or sometimes old timberhouses, may be in need of quite a lot of repair, but they will most often be possible to live in and have some kind of woodburning fireplace or stove för warmth.

Remember that a plot with a house on it, is easier to reshape, or even to build on at all without getting problems. And the more rural and isolated, the fewer rules, and fewer people that notice, for example, a small extension to an existing house.

A plot/house without electricity, will be a lot cheaper than a connected house, but, electricity is very nice to have in winter. It gets ligth at 9-10 in the morning, and dark again att 3 in the afternoon. And in between, there migth be some kind of dusk all day during november, december and januari.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #4 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 16:46 »
With such a low budget, you will really have to do a lot of research to be able to find something suitable, if you do not want to move to the very very far north of Sweden.
If you do not want the long, cold and dark winters of the far north, a little bit more money, or a lot more time for research may be needed to find something.

If you cold spend somthing like 150.000 sek or maybe 200.000 when bying, there will be some choice, there are fairly often "summerhouses" (of the type "tiny house" 10-20 sq.m.) with plots of  up to 2000-3000 sq.meters,  in quite nice rural settings to be found. As Sweden is a country of forests, there will almost always be trees...
These "summerhouses", or sometimes old timberhouses, may be in need of quite a lot of repair, but they will most often be possible to live in and have some kind of woodburning fireplace or stove för warmth.

Remember that a plot with a house on it, is easier to reshape, or even to build on at all without getting problems. And the more rural and isolated, the fewer rules, and fewer people that notice, for example, a small extension to an existing house.

A plot/house without electricity, will be a lot cheaper than a connected house, but, electricity is very nice to have in winter. It gets ligth at 9-10 in the morning, and dark again att 3 in the afternoon. And in between, there migth be some kind of dusk all day during november, december and januari.

Thank you for the tips!

I don't mind doing a lot of research. I'd like to buy it sometime next month, so there's plenty of time. I just need to know how to do that research (for example, as suggested, use that site to check for archaeological sites). And I do not particularly want to live in the very far north, no, hehe. :-)

I also don't mind a rural area at all, I'd prefer it at least a bit rural, but I'd still need electricity.

olivia.k

• Jämtland
« Svar #5 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 17:20 »
Where do one go to find a property for sale located without any neighbors and with electricity, for the price of a caravan?

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #6 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 18:29 »
It would be very hard to find, especially within a few weeks...

But some times there are "sommarstuga" in bad shape, but for maybe 200.000.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #7 skrivet: 30 jul-16 kl 23:16 »
It would be very hard to find, especially within a few weeks...

But some times there are "sommarstuga" in bad shape, but for maybe 200.000.

I don't mind bad shape, I can renovate it. Or if it will be just for living while I build my own, and then I can renovate it. The important thing is that I could live there without extensive losses while I build my own place or while I renovate it.

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #8 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 00:18 »
The problem is that for as little money as 100.000 SEK there is a very few properties on sale.

Maybe in the far north there migth be something, but do you really want to live there?

If you are able to double that at least 200.000 SEK, you will certainly find something that is not in the far north , a small house, rural and with at least 1000 sq.m. land, but it is not easy.

Even in the far north, there is very few properties sold at your price.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #9 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 00:34 »
The problem is that for as little money as 100.000 SEK there is a very few properties on sale.

Maybe in the far north there migth be something, but do you really want to live there?

If you are able to double that at least 200.000 SEK, you will certainly find something that is not in the far north , a small house, rural and with at least 1000 sq.m. land, but it is not easy.

Even in the far north, there is very few properties sold at your price.

I do see that my options are rather limited, but if the option is good, why not take it? I mean, after I'd renovate it of course. Or do you think it is bad idea because there will be something wrong with the property? I mean, in most countries cheap things have problems, so I wouldn't be that surprised.

Also before commenting, I want to know - what do you call "the far north?" If you could pick a place on the map and draw a horizontal line, where would it be?

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #10 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 01:09 »
For living purposes, the northern challenges with dark, and snow starts at Gävle, maybe Söderhamn aproximately, when you are at the baltic coast. But when you draw your line towards the west (towards Norway) the line will have to go towards the south. The coastline along  the E4 is more populated and has a better climate than the inland north of Gävle.
The "spine" between Norway and Sweden is, except for a few spots, mountainous or heavily forested wilderness. There a nice places, where there are big lakes and a more favourable climate, such as around Siljan, or around Storsjön (Östersund) north of that line, but the line makes it easier to explain.

This is extremely simplified, because ther are nice exceptions here and there further north but extremily simplified:
So take the map, and draw a line between Gävle and Karlstad, and then go straight to the Norwegian border. (east-west)

You could also draw a south to north line from Karlstad, through Östersund and to Karesuando, and most everything west of that line "wilderness" (not really true, but oversimplified)

As to houses sold to low price, I would prefer an old but neglected traditional house, rather than something newer. Mostly the old houses are originally well built, and are built to be repaired. And to be connected to the electrical grid solves many problems around water supply, ligth and heating. The rural house typically has its own well.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #11 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 01:37 »
For living purposes, the northern challenges with dark, and snow starts at Gävle, maybe Söderhamn aproximately, when you are at the baltic coast. But when you draw your line towards the west (towards Norway) the line will have to go towards the south. The coastline along  the E4 is more populated and has a better climate than the inland north of Gävle.
The "spine" between Norway and Sweden is, except for a few spots, mountainous or heavily forested wilderness. There a nice places, where there are big lakes and a more favourable climate, such as around Siljan, or around Storsjön (Östersund) north of that line, but the line makes it easier to explain.

This is extremely simplified, because ther are nice exceptions here and there further north but extremily simplified:
So take the map, and draw a line between Gävle and Karlstad, and then go straight to the Norwegian border. (east-west)

You could also draw a south to north line from Karlstad, through Östersund and to Karesuando, and most everything west of that line "wilderness" (not really true, but oversimplified)

As to houses sold to low price, I would prefer an old but neglected traditional house, rather than something newer. Mostly the old houses are originally well built, and are built to be repaired. And to be connected to the electrical grid solves many problems around water supply, ligth and heating. The rural house typically has its own well.

Thank you for a very descriptive reply!

I have seen an announcement for a cheap place, but the houses there look like they are about to fall apart. That said, I'm a bit scared that it will be extra cold there in the winter unless I repair them before it comes, and I might not be fast enough. But maybe I'm wrong? I will attach a picture.

I also prefer traditional houses out of wood over newer houses. :-)

Dela detta:

* Inloggade just nu

498 gäster, 3 användare (1 dolda)
LimJans, eremit1

* Forum

* Om tidningen Åter

- Så mysig, inspirerande och härlig tidning! Sätter igång en känsla av att allt är möjligt. Vill bli självhushållare nu! I framtiden ska vi ha våran gård och Jag längtar så! Livet kan vara bra underbart och det är värt att kämpa för sin dröm så vi kan leva på riktigt. Inte i samhällets ekorrhjul utan ta tillvara på livet till fullo.
/ Linda

* Nya inlägg

* Nytt i ditt landskap

För inloggade medlemmar visas här nya lokala annonser, aktiviteter och presentationer.
Logga in eller
registrera dig.
 :)

* Nya annonser