Välkommen! För att skriva i forumet måste du logga in först. Har du inget konto går det bra att registrera ett eller logga in med Facebook här. Det kostar inget.  :)

Författare Ämne:  Question about winter water use in northern climate  (läst 1243 gånger)

EdwardGardener

• Gäst
Question about winter water use in northern climate
« skrivet: 23 jul-17 kl 20:05 »
Hei All?

I'm Norway and I'm wondering about the 4 months of the year that I cannot get water from the open outside well.

I have some solution to get year round water but I'm wondering how do people use water in colder climates? Like how much liters do you use per month per person? And do you have a underground water tank near your cabin or a well?

If I could store water how much would I need to have?

And what price should I be looking at looking at a underground well or something to supply water to the house?

I looking the most for number on how much water a cabin person uses per month in the winter with water. Since I can only find number of people living in the city and who have unlimited water.

Sander

torbjorn

• Medelpad
SV: Question about winter water use in northern climate
« Svar #1 skrivet: 23 jul-17 kl 20:26 »
When one is using an own water well in winter and does not use a water pump that is arranged to be safe for frost, the usual solution is to keep the well frost-free, and then carrying home buckets of water in the same manner as in summer.
There is usually no problem with frost in the well, if the water level is enough far below ground level and with a good lid on the well.

An emergency solution for getting water in winter is to melt snow on the stove, but it is rather cumbersome.

Visionaryrealist

« Svar #2 skrivet: 23 jul-17 kl 22:52 »
All running water can be considered drikable and running water usually dont freaze up so thats an option. But a well makes everything much easier ofc

Postat med Alternativ.nu´s app

Visionaryrealist

« Svar #3 skrivet: 23 jul-17 kl 22:53 »
And u use as much as in the summer i guess. So just see how much u need per day now. Its quite personal the consumption.

Postat med Alternativ.nu´s app

kurt

« Svar #4 skrivet: 24 jul-17 kl 03:51 »
He's obviously using water from some pond or creek? That's common in i Norway (not so in Sweden!)

mattias_33

• Hälsingland
« Svar #5 skrivet: 24 jul-17 kl 05:54 »
I belive he wants the old way. Before people used ice. Not snow. Every winter one took a ice cutting day, you store the ice in the foodcellar. Take in what you need and defrost. What is left during the spring you cover with  sawdust to keep the celler cold in the summer.
Never done it. But i belive thats how they did.
Målet är att inte slita ut sig i förtid med att jobba åt nån annan.

renee d

« Svar #6 skrivet: 24 jul-17 kl 11:31 »
Maybe some old people could help?

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #7 skrivet: 24 jul-17 kl 12:41 »
I belive he wants the old way. Before people used ice. Not snow. Every winter one took a ice cutting day, you store the ice in the foodcellar. Take in what you need and defrost. What is left during the spring you cover with  sawdust to keep the celler cold in the summer.
Never done it. But i belive thats how they did.

He is talking about water för drinking and washing, not for storing food.

And people may have had an ice cellar, but that was not the common way. Most people would not have had an ice cellar, but used a root cellar (jordkällare). And people did not use ice for storing water, maybe as an exception, but they used a well, or a stream for water.

Root vegetables, and preserves was stored in the "root cellar" (jordkällare). Other foddstuffs were salted, fermented, dried or smoked to

For water, a dug well with stonesat sides, or a stream that does not freeze was used. Almost Never still water from a lake or a pond, but if ther is a lake with good clean water, to get water in winter, just make a hole in the ice.

Dela detta:

* Inloggade just nu

823 gäster, 5 användare (1 dolda)
xaelanar, FrökenMyra, peterm, krokodil

* Forum

* Om tidningen Åter

- Det här är tidningar som jag kommer hålla reda på och spara på samma ställe, de fungerar som en uppslagsbok!
/Lovisa

* Nya inlägg

* Nytt i ditt landskap

För inloggade medlemmar visas här nya lokala annonser, aktiviteter och presentationer.
Logga in eller
registrera dig.
 :)

* Nya annonser