Välkommen! För att skriva i forumet måste du logga in först. Har du inget konto går det bra att registrera ett eller logga in med Facebook här. Det kostar inget.  :)

Författare Ämne:  Hobbithus bygglov (hobbit house planning permission)  (läst 3451 gånger)

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
SV: Hobbithus bygglov (hobbit house planning permission)
« Svar #20 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 01:28 »
In the 1800:s, people obviously did not have cars, but then people had stored food, stored firewood and a horse, and where usually living in small clusters of houses. And they where used to handle all the problems that come with the cold and the dark.

If I may suggest, if the north appeals to you, try to find some small house to rent during the winter. To live remotely without means for moving around migth be more difficult than you imagine. Also the far north is less suitable for growing vegetables.

To walk for an hour migth not be much when the weather is nice, but not so nice when you really have to go somewhere to get groceries, and the weather is against you. It is very hard to walk trough snow, people use skis instead.

My house is 15 km from the nearest neigbor that lives all year round, and it is 35 km to the nearest shop for groceries. The road between the neigbor and the village with the shop goes trough an uninhabited forest. I would not dream of trying to walk or ski there in the winter.
There are to many cars, the road is icy and snowy, the forest is not really suitable för walking or skiing (rocks, trees, bushes and semifrozen marsh), and it is dark most of the time... I am not afraid of the dark, or afraid of wild animals, its just to much work, it would take one whole day at least.

Well, I'm planning to store food as well, firewood too, but not a horse, haha. I can store the type of food that I would use for 2-3 weeks at most, so at least twice a month I would have to go to the store. Not to mention it's a bit limited what I can carry, of course.

That is a great suggestion, but now that you layed out all the potential problems, I think that if it's the North - I can look for something close to a bus stop, which I can check on Google Maps before even coming (seeing as the trip would cost a lot, and I would prefer to take it only if I've done other checks about the land, so that if everything is as presented, I could buy it.

Do you think that's good enough, or is it still problematic even if there is a bus stop nearby?

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #21 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 02:09 »
You will not find what you are looking for on Google maps. No bus stop and not even a reliable map. It is an aproximation of a map.

I just took a quick check around where I live and: first, the map is sligtly wrong (not very much but enough to almost make me laugh!)
and the existing buslines are not shown, nor are the busstops. The railroad and the trainstops show if I look for them, but that is not useful for shopping groceries.

It is not possible to use Google maps to get a reliable picture of the landscape around me. So, I would not trust that map to get any useful information.

It is certainly pssible to find a house close to a bus stop, but the method to find out if there is a bus stop and how often the bus runs (several times a day, once a day a few times a week?), will be by some other mean than google map. Every region in Sweden will have some public transportation, but the easiest way to fins out if there is a bus within reasonable distance from a house for sale, is probably to ask the real estate agent.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #22 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 10:33 »
You will not find what you are looking for on Google maps. No bus stop and not even a reliable map. It is an aproximation of a map.

I just took a quick check around where I live and: first, the map is sligtly wrong (not very much but enough to almost make me laugh!)
and the existing buslines are not shown, nor are the busstops. The railroad and the trainstops show if I look for them, but that is not useful for shopping groceries.

It is not possible to use Google maps to get a reliable picture of the landscape around me. So, I would not trust that map to get any useful information.

It is certainly pssible to find a house close to a bus stop, but the method to find out if there is a bus stop and how often the bus runs (several times a day, once a day a few times a week?), will be by some other mean than google map. Every region in Sweden will have some public transportation, but the easiest way to fins out if there is a bus within reasonable distance from a house for sale, is probably to ask the real estate agent.

I will make sure to do this. What else should I look at or ask before buying though?

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #23 skrivet: 31 jul-16 kl 17:04 »
You want to buy for such a low price, that there is almost nothing on the market.

Any property at that price, will have semothing (or things) that are major drawbacks.

It could be:
badly situated:  extremely close to a motorway, mine or a high-speed railroad line, or very close to a busy airport, or with somekind of industrial buildings and heavy related traffic close, such as a saw mill, paper mill, steel works or other.

Extremely bad shape of buildings: Rotting, or falling apart status of buildings. The buildingsmay be something to tear down, but then be careful, so that it is possible to get a buillding permit on the land...

Bad land: the plot may be marshy, rocky, steep or smothing else that make it unattractive and unsuitable for growing/gardening.

Lack of planning permission: for some reason, it is impossible to get building permit on the land. Any type of building/renovating activity could be banned as worst case.

Remote and no road in working order: Sometimes there a properties for sale, where the last part of the road is in bad shape (could be several km:s), and the cost to fix it would be huge. May be nice in summer, but could be extremely difficult in winter.

No electricity: the cost to get connected to the grid, could be substantial. It could cost several 100.000 if it is far to the closest point of cennection.

Well, and/or sewage not working/not up to todays standard. All sewage system has to be controlled at regular intervall and if not in accordance with the set standards, the owner will be forced to rebuild it, and will risk a fine. The cost of a sewage system is more than the budgetyuo have.  A non working well has to be repaired or a new one made. This is not a diy-jobb, and the cost is also more than your budget for the property.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #24 skrivet: 01 aug-16 kl 13:15 »
You want to buy for such a low price, that there is almost nothing on the market.

Any property at that price, will have semothing (or things) that are major drawbacks.

It could be:
badly situated:  extremely close to a motorway, mine or a high-speed railroad line, or very close to a busy airport, or with somekind of industrial buildings and heavy related traffic close, such as a saw mill, paper mill, steel works or other.

Extremely bad shape of buildings: Rotting, or falling apart status of buildings. The buildingsmay be something to tear down, but then be careful, so that it is possible to get a buillding permit on the land...

Bad land: the plot may be marshy, rocky, steep or smothing else that make it unattractive and unsuitable for growing/gardening.

Lack of planning permission: for some reason, it is impossible to get building permit on the land. Any type of building/renovating activity could be banned as worst case.

Remote and no road in working order: Sometimes there a properties for sale, where the last part of the road is in bad shape (could be several km:s), and the cost to fix it would be huge. May be nice in summer, but could be extremely difficult in winter.

No electricity: the cost to get connected to the grid, could be substantial. It could cost several 100.000 if it is far to the closest point of cennection.

Well, and/or sewage not working/not up to todays standard. All sewage system has to be controlled at regular intervall and if not in accordance with the set standards, the owner will be forced to rebuild it, and will risk a fine. The cost of a sewage system is more than the budgetyuo have.  A non working well has to be repaired or a new one made. This is not a diy-jobb, and the cost is also more than your budget for the property.

Wowrecruitment@hotmail.com, that actually does sound pretty bad, except for the bad road - I walk and don't drive anyway.

How to know if everything is in order? I mean for loud placement I will notice it, but for sewage for example - I wouldn't notice it myself I think...

skogaliten

• -
« Svar #25 skrivet: 01 aug-16 kl 15:34 »
Even though I personally think that your budget is to low, to find some property that is suitable, there may be something to be found. But you will have search hard, and it may take some time, probably several months at least.

There is a "duty of inspection" "undersökningsplikt" for buyers of real estate in Sweden. The inspection could be done by the buyer or by someone that does these inspections for a fee. The seller also is obliged to tell the truth about a property, but somehow, when there are things wrong with a property that is difficult to see with the naked eye, these things tend to be left untold...

One thing to do is to make a close inspection yourself of course, but that may be difficult for every possibly interesting property, if you are not staying in Sweden.

The other thing, is to prepare yourself with some kind of questionaire, that you could e-mail or post to the real estate agent, when you notice an interesting property online. And then hope that the real estate agent will answer truthfully.

Define your absolute minimum requirements in the questionaire, and those things that may be absolute stoppers, so that when you finally have som property that seems OK, you only have to inspect that one.

It is not possible to buy property without beeing present yourself, personal identification is must. All property is carefully registered in a government register (digital), including maps and measures of the property, buildings and plans of buildings, mortgages and owners (both present and previous).

Are you an EU citizen? There may be rules that restrict the buying of property for non Swedish residents in some cases, and even more restrictions for non-EU citizens. But in most cases it is possible for non-residents to buy property.

buildswedish

• Övriga världen
« Svar #26 skrivet: 01 aug-16 kl 21:23 »
Even though I personally think that your budget is to low, to find some property that is suitable, there may be something to be found. But you will have search hard, and it may take some time, probably several months at least.

There is a "duty of inspection" "undersökningsplikt" for buyers of real estate in Sweden. The inspection could be done by the buyer or by someone that does these inspections for a fee. The seller also is obliged to tell the truth about a property, but somehow, when there are things wrong with a property that is difficult to see with the naked eye, these things tend to be left untold...

One thing to do is to make a close inspection yourself of course, but that may be difficult for every possibly interesting property, if you are not staying in Sweden.

The other thing, is to prepare yourself with some kind of questionaire, that you could e-mail or post to the real estate agent, when you notice an interesting property online. And then hope that the real estate agent will answer truthfully.

Define your absolute minimum requirements in the questionaire, and those things that may be absolute stoppers, so that when you finally have som property that seems OK, you only have to inspect that one.

It is not possible to buy property without beeing present yourself, personal identification is must. All property is carefully registered in a government register (digital), including maps and measures of the property, buildings and plans of buildings, mortgages and owners (both present and previous).

Are you an EU citizen? There may be rules that restrict the buying of property for non Swedish residents in some cases, and even more restrictions for non-EU citizens. But in most cases it is possible for non-residents to buy property.

Well, I hope to find something quicker than that, but if course it's just hope and all. :-)

My absolute minimum requirements are just that it has all utilities and is livable, so not that much. I mean of course it shouldn't be rotten so that it could call on my head while in sleeping. :-) so I think I should instead just know the caveats (things that I couldn't see if I go there and that could be wrong). I already know now to make sure that utilities are proper, but what else I wonder.

And yes, I will of course be present (I would like to buy the next day after inspecting the property), and yes, I am a European citizen.

vattuvarg

• Lager på lager på lager...
    • Lappland
    • vattuvargs blog
Varje mänskligt samhälle ska bedömas efter hur väl det tar hand om de svaga.
vattuvargs.blogspot.se

Dela detta:

* Inloggade just nu

483 gäster, 4 användare (1 dolda)
peterm, ärt, torbjorn

* Forum

* Om tidningen Åter

- Förvånansvärt väl sammansatt och innehållsrik tidning! Kanske är det just för att den är skriven av entusiaster, inte professionella skribenter, som den andas så mycket glädje och inspiration.
/Jeuce

* Nya inlägg

* Nytt i ditt landskap

För inloggade medlemmar visas här nya lokala annonser, aktiviteter och presentationer.
Logga in eller
registrera dig.
 :)

* Nya annonser